Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ballgown & Apron

I can't believe it but last night was the FIRST time i've tried my ballgown on since i made the cotton bodice lining.....and guess what IT FITS! I'm so excited and I'm so happy with how it came out. I'm working on putting little fabric flowers on the bertha but after i'm done with that it gets officially attached (its just pinned in the picture) and then i'm good to go! I also finished my brown cotton day dress all i need to do is the sleeves and attach the bodice to the skirt (easy) then i'm done. So since december i've made two dresses and last year that was the amount of time it took me to make one dress.

A couple things I would do differently next time:
incase the boning ( i just pray it never breaks cause if that happens i'm screwed)
line the over sleeves (make sleeve hole bigger)

umm thats all i can think of for now
another picture of the dress. This is another project I finished. I made a pinner apron with this lovely green fabric i got at The Dressmaker's Shop in Leslie, MI. I decided to pleate the fabric because I've started hating gauging because the thread always seems to break on me. I want an apron that i can wash and not worry about it falling apart.....needless to say i've regauged my current apron that fell apart and am praying it wont do that to me again or pleated it will be!

Anyways i'm happy with this one, plus i love the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment